More Options

Food Services

At Harvard public schools our foods and beverages meet all federal and state requirements based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines and the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) Our foods and beverages are:

  • 100% Whole grain rich
  • Less than 30% fat
  • Less than 10% saturated fat
  • 0 grams of trans fat
  • Meet 1/3 of the recommended daily allowances (RDA) for vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, calcium, protein, and calories

We offer a variety of daily offerings:

  • Fresh fruits & vegetables
  • Non-fat chocolate milk or 1% milk or Soy milk
  • Lower sodium food items

We attempt to minimize waste by implementing "offer vs. serve", allowing the student to choose their meals. We provide students with access to a variety of appealing foods that meet the nutritional needs of students.

Good nutrition and learning go hand in hand. We support learning by promoting healthy habits for lifelong nutrition and fitness practices. We provide students with access to a variety of affordable and appealing foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students.

    Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) funds for the 2021-2022 School Year are now available. The Pandemic-Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) Program was created in Spring 2020 to provide funds for families to buy food when students do not get free or reduced-price meals in school because of COVID-19.

    Can I get P-EBT?
    To get P-EBT for the 2021-2022 school year, your student must have:

    • Gotten P-EBT in the past, or
    • Been approved for free or reduced-price meals (under the National School Lunch Program)*, AND 
    • Missed school due to COVID-related reasons. 

    *This school year all students get free school meals because of special COVID rules. So, if you did not receive P-EBT in the past and are not sure if your student was approved for free or reduced-price meals, contact Eleni Burns at [email protected] You can apply for the National School Lunch Program at any point for this school year!

    What is a COVID-related absence? 

    • Student had COVID 
    • Student had to stay out of school until getting a negative COVID test
    • Student was out of school because they were a close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID
    • Student missed school because of COVID-like symptoms (even if they were not COVID positive)
    • Our school building was closed due to COVID

    Please Note: The school has not shared confidential health information with the state about COVID-related absences for P-EBT.

    How much could I get?
    It depends on how many days a student was out of school each month for COVID-related reasons.

    • 1-5 absences = $21/month
    • 6-15 absences = $71/month
    • 16+ absences = $128/month 

    When & how will I get 2021-2022 School Year P-EBT? 

    • First P-EBT payment will be May 25th for COVID-related absences from September 2021 - April 2022.
    • P-EBT will be issued on June 25th for May absences, and July 25th for June absences.
    • If you got P-EBT in the past on an EBT card: check the DTA EBT card you already have. If you need a new card, request one on DTA Connect, call 877-382-2363 or go to a DTA office.   
    • If you got P-EBT in the past on a P-EBT card in your child’s name: Check the P-EBT card. If you do not have the P-EBT card, request a new one at
    • If you are new to P-EBT: check your mail for a P-EBT card or, if you get DTA benefits, check your DTA EBT card. 

    IMPORTANT: You will get a letter in the mail from the Department of Transitional Assistance telling you HOW you will get P-EBT and the number of COVID-related days our school reported your child was absent.  If you think your child missed more days than reported, you can fill out the Request to Review P-EBT Amount Form that came with your notice from DTA. The form is also available on Give the completed form to Eleni Burns, 27A Mass Ave, Harvard, MA 01451 or email [email protected] or if you have any questions.

    Need more food help? 

    • Like P-EBT, SNAP is monthly food money. During COVID, SNAP is temporarily higher - at least $835 per month for a family of 4. Learn more:
    • WIC is a monthly food benefit for households with children under 5 or pregnant people. Learn more/apply:
    • The Summer Eats Program provides free meals for kids and teens while school is out. Find a Summer Eats site near you:

    Using food benefits including P-EBT, SNAP, and WIC does not impact you or your child’s immigration status. It is safe to get the benefits that you and/or your child are eligible for.
    IMPORTANT:  Summer P-EBT is coming.  Keep your card. Learn more: visit

    Nondiscrimination Statement

    In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

    Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

    To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA

    1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
    2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
    3. email:
    [email protected]

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.